GSA Professional Services Schedule (PSS)
This is a new Professional Services Schedule (PSS). The purpose of this schedule is to provide a vehicle for all Government agencies to obtain PSS in an efficient, streamlined, and cost effective manner in accordance with applicable statutes and regulations under a Multiple Awards Federal Supply Schedule FAR Part 8 – as well as Part 38. Agencies will issue task orders in accordance with the established procedures to obtain the services required. A task order may contain any service or combination of services described herein.
- Management and Financial Consulting, Acquisition and Grants Management Support, and Business Program and Project Management Services
- Engineering Services
- Testing Laboratories
- Engineering System Design and Integration Services
- Engineering Research and Development and Strategic Planning
- Information Technology Professional Services
- Order Level Materials (OLMs)
Order type: Blanket purchase agreements, time and materials, firm-fixed price
Special Item Numbers (SINs): MOBIS: 871-1 Strategic Planning for Technology Programs/Activity, 871-2 Concept Development and Requirements Analysis, 871-3 Systems Design, Engineering and Integration, 871-4 Test and Evaluation, 871-5 Integrated Logistics Support, C871-6 Acquisition and Lifecycle Management; PES: 874-1 Integrated Consulting Services; and C153-1 Professional Information Technology Services (IT) * Complementary SIN to be used in support of SINs 871 & 874 only. Please use Schedule 70 for IT specific services (Sabre Contract Number GS35F366BA).
Order size: $1,000,000
The Special Item Numbers (SINs) 871-1 through 871-6 structured below are in a phased format. The phases represent the cycle of an engineering requirement. SIN 874-1 provides Integrated Consulting Services. SIN C132-51 provides Professional Information Technology Services (IT) * Complementary SIN to be used in support of SINs 871 & 874 only. Please use Schedule 70 for IT specific services (Sabre Contract Number GS35F366BA).
871-1 Strategic Planning for Technology Programs/Activities
Services required under this SIN involve the definition and interpretation of high-level organizational engineering performance requirements such as projects, systems, missions, etc., and the objectives and approaches to their achievement. Typical associated tasks include, but are not limited to, an analysis of mission, program goals and objectives, requirements analysis, organizational performance assessment, special studies and analysis, training and consulting.
Example: The evaluation and preliminary definition of new and/or improved performance goals for navigation satellites – such as launch procedures and costs, multi-user capability, useful service life, accuracy and resistance to natural and man made electronic interference. Inappropriate use of this SIN is providing professional engineering services not specifically related to strategic planning for technology programs/activities and its associated disciplines.
871-2 Concept Development and Requirements Analysis
Services required under this SIN involve abstract or concept studies and analysis, requirements definition, preliminary planning, the evaluation of alternative technical approaches and associated costs for the development or enhancement of high level general performance specifications of a system, project, mission or activity. Typical associated tasks include, but are not limited to requirements analysis, cost/cost-performance trade-off analysis, feasibility analysis, developing and completing fire safety evaluation worksheets as they relate to professional engineering services, regulatory compliance support, technology conceptual designs, training.
Example: The development and analysis of the total mission profile and lifecycle of the improved satellite including examination of performance and cost tradeoffs. Inappropriate use of this SIN is providing professional engineering services not specifically related to concept development and requirements analysis and its associated disciplines.
871-3 System Design, Engineering and Integration
Services required under this SIN involve the translation of a system (or subsystem, program, project, activity) concept into a preliminary and detailed design (engineering plans and specifications), performing risk identification/analysis/mitigation, traceability, and then integrating the various components to produce a working prototype or model of the system. Typical associated tasks include, but are not limited to computer-aided design, e.g. CADD, design studies and analysis, design review services, shop drawing review services, submittal review services, conducting fire protection facility surveys, developing risk reduction strategies, and recommendations to mitigate identified risk conditions, fire modeling, performance-based design review, high level detailed specification preparation, configuration management and document control, fabrication, assembly and simulation, modeling, training, and consulting.
Example: The navigation satellite concept produced in the preceding stage will be converted to a detailed engineering design package, performance will be computer simulated and a working model will be built for testing and design verification. Inappropriate use of this SIN is providing professional engineering services not specifically related to concept development and requirements analysis and its associated disciplines.
871-4 Test and Evaluation
Services required under this SIN involves the application of various techniques demonstrating that a prototype system (subsystem, program, project or activity) performs in accordance with the objectives outlined in the original design. Typical associated tasks include, but are not limited testing of a prototype and first article(s) testing, environmental testing, performing inspections and witnessing acceptance testing of fire protection and life safety systems as they relate to professional engineering services, independent verification and validation, reverse engineering, simulation and modeling (to test the feasibility of a concept), system safety, quality assurance, physical testing of the product or system, training, and consulting.
Example: The navigation satellite working model will be subjected to a series of tests which may simulate and ultimately duplicate its operational environment.
Inappropriate use of this SIN is providing professional engineering services not specifically related to testing and evaluating and its associated disciplines.
871-5 Integrated Logistics Support
Services required under this SIN involves the analysis, planning and detailed design of all engineering specific logistics support including material goods, personnel, and operational maintenance and repair of systems throughout their lifecycles. Typical associated tasks include, but are not limited to ergonomic/human performance analysis, feasibility analysis, logistics planning, requirements determination, policy standards/procedures development, conducting research studies, long-term reliability and maintainability, training, and consulting.
Example: The full range of lifecycle logistics support for the navigation satellite will be identified and designed in this stage including training, operation and maintenance requirements, and replacement procedures. Inappropriate use of this SIN is providing professional engineering services not specifically related to integrated logistics support and its associated disciplines.
871-6 Acquisition and Lifecycle Management
Services required under this SIN involve all of the planning, budgetary, contract and systems/program management execution functions required to procure and/or produce, render operational and provide lifecycle support (maintenance, repair, supplies, engineering specific logistics) to technology-based systems, activities, subsystems, projects, etc. Typical associated tasks include, but are not limited to, operation and maintenance, evaluation of inspection, testing, and maintenance program for fire protection and life safety systems, program/project management, technology transfer/insertion, training, and consulting.
Example: During this stage the actual manufacturing, launch, and performance monitoring of the navigation satellite will be assisted through project management, configuration management, reliability analysis, engineering retrofit improvements and similar functions. Inappropriate use of this SIN is professional engineering services not specifically related to acquisition and life cycle management and associated disciplines.
874-1 Integrated Consulting Services
Contractors shall provide expert advice and assistance in support of an agency’s mission-oriented business functions. Services covered by this SIN include:
- Management or strategy consulting, including research, evaluations, studies, analyses, scenarios/simulations, reports, business policy and regulation development assistance, strategy formulation, and expert witness services
- Facilitation and related decision support services
- Survey services, using a variety of methodologies, including survey planning, design, and development; survey administration; data validation and analysis; reporting, and stakeholder briefings
- Advisory and assistance services in accordance with FAR 37.203
- NOTE: Consulting services where the preponderance of work is specifically covered under other PSS SINS or GSA Schedules are not permitted under this SIN
- NOTE: Legal, expert witness, consulting, and audit services pertaining to financial matters are not covered under this SIN. Refer to C520 SINs. Consulting services relating to public relations are not covered under this SIN. Refer to SIN C541-2, Public Relations Services
C132-51 Information Technology
Services under this SIN include:
- Facilities management, database planning and design, systems analysis and design
- Network services, programming, conversion and implementation support
- Network services project management, data/records management and other services relewant to 29CFR541.400.
- Note: SIN-C132-51 is a Complementary SIN to be used in support of SINs 871 & 874 only. Please use Schedule 70 for IT specific services (Sabre Contract Number GS35F366BA). For additional information visit GSA IT Services listed above.
The following non-inclusive list represents a sampling of the types of tasks contemplated:
- Acquisition and lifecycle management
- Analysis of program goals, mission, objectives, performance
- Assessment support
- Computer Aided Design (CAD)
- Computer Aided Engineering (CAE)
- Computer Aided Management (CAM)
- Concept development
- D&D (Decontamination and Decommissioning)
- Demonstration and validation
- Documentation and information dissemination
- Economic/business case analysis
- Economic impact evaluations
- Environmental control for electrical units (e.g., cooling units)
- Forensic engineering
- Independent Verification and Validation (IV&V)
- Information services (studies, impact statements, program development, project documentation, data collection, data analysis/evaluation, etc.)
- Investigative engineering service
- Lifecycle Costing
- Long-term reliability and maintainability
- Migration strategy
- National Academy of Sciences studies
- O&M (Operation and Maintenance)
- Operations research (Non R&D)
- Permitting and licensing
- Plan, organize, establish, implement, manage, maintain, upgrade and control of technical systems
- Program and project management
- Prototype development and first article(s) production
- Regulatory compliance support
- Reliability and maintainability analysis
- Reverse engineering
- Signal processing
- Simulation and modeling
- Site development
- Source data development (forward engineering hardware and software systems)
- Source data validation (existing hardware and software systems)
- Special projects and studies
- Statistical analysis
- Support services
- Systems engineering data base development, maintenance and analysis
- Technical analysis
- Technical and management support
- Technical writing/editorial support
- T&E (Test and Evaluation) of products and systems
We currently have a total of 74 labor categories (45 within SINs 871-1 through 871-6; 17 within SIN 874-1 and 12 within SIN C132-51) from which to choose, all of which have pre-negotiated rates. All labor categories have stringent qualifications that have been approved by the GSA to ensure that you are receiving the most qualified and cost-effective services available in one of the easiest and expeditious procurement avenues available to government managers.
871-1 through 871-6 Labor Categories
- Senior Program Manager
- Program Manager
- Consultant Expert
- Technical Expert
- Principal Systems Engineer
- Senior Systems Engineer
- Systems Engineer (SE)
- Engineer I – Engineer V*
- Principal Business Process Re-Engineering Specialist
- Senior Business Process Re-Engineering Specialist
- Senior Network Engineer
- Principal Systems Architect
- Senior Acquisition Specialist
- Acquisition Specialist
- Associate Acquisition Specialist
- Senior Statistician
- Associate Statistician
- Principle Logistics Analyst
- Senior Logistics Analyst
- Logistics Analyst
- Associate Logistics Analyst
- Technical Training Specialist
- Technical Training Specialist
- Technician I – Technician VI*
- Field Information Resource Specialist
- Field Information Resource Specialist (FIRS)
- Associate Field Information Resource Specialist (FIRS)
- Senior Technical Writer/Editor*
- Technical Writer/Editor*
- Information Technician I – Information Technician VI*
* Indicates labor category is incidental to and only to be used in support of PES.
874-1 Labor Categories
- Manager I and II
- Task Manager
- Senior Project Administrator
- Project Administrator
- Associate Project Administrator
- Principal Strategic Specialist
- Strategic Specialist
- Principal Business Integration Specialist
- Senior Business Integration Specialist
- Analyst I – Analyst V
- Administrative Assistant
- Junior Administrative Assistant
C132-51 Labor Categories
- Computer Specialist I, II, and II
- Desktop/Helpdesk Support Specialist
- Website/Graphic Design Specialist I, II, and III
- Principal Researcher I and II
- Telecommunications Specialist
- Testing/Quality Assurance Engineer I and II